Mahakaruna Foundation's Mission

The Sanskrit word “mahakaruna” means great (maha) compassion (karuna).

The mission of The Mahakaruna Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit is two-fold:

To assist the old, sick, undernourished and undereducated peoples in Buddhist Asia, and to help preserve the ancient tIbetan Buddhist heritage and culture.

The Mahakaruna Foundation is staffed entirely by volunteers. Therefore, fully 92% of your donation goes directly to help individuals and organizations in need, or to support dedicated Buddhist practitioners in Asia. The other 8% covers shipping costs and other operating expenses

All donations to Mahakaruna Foundation are fully tax-deductible. Donors using our online payment system will receive tax receipts automatically.

Should you wish to learn more about Mahakaruna Foundation, please contact us for more information.

Dave Picciotto The Mahakaruna Foundation P.O. Box 83 Cazadero CA 95421